October 21st, 2013
Ten Books to Read Before Starting Your Career
Transitioning from school to a full-time job, or from one job to another can be both mentally and physically exhausting. As you’re searching for your career, it’s important to use this time to prepare yourself for the future. To make sure you’re ready for your first day, we’ve compiled a list of ten books you should consider reading before starting your new career.
So, grab a cup of coffee and bury your nose in the pages of these highly influential books!
- Sink or Swim!: New Job. New Boss. 12 Weeks to Get It Right. – Milo &Thuy Sindell
- The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work – Jon Gordon
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life – Spencer Johnson
- Think & Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us – Daniel Pink
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Steven R. Covey
- Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a YES! Attitude for a Lifetime of Success – Jeffrey Gitomer
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles – Steven Pressfield
- Windmill Networking: Understanding, Leveraging & Maximizing LinkedIn: An Unofficial, Step-By-Step Guide to Creating and Implementing Your LinkedIn Brand- Social Networking in a Web 2.0 World – Neal Shaffer
- Do What You Love, The Money Will Flow – Marsha Sinetar
Still searching for your next big career move? Contact your local Ajilon branch today!
Get Free Updates
Sign up for updates about our newest content and workforce insights!